Are you facing timing belt problems? Well, this is a rather serious matter because your engine is largely dependent on the smooth running of the timing belt. The timing belt connects the crankshaft, the walls, the camshaft and the Pistons all together. So if one is “out of caliber” there is a chance that you might find yourself having an engine seizing at odd moments. That is because the synchronization which is timed to run in a very well coordinated motion has been disturbed. That is why you need to know all about timing belt problems and how they need to be solved immediately so that your engine does not break down right in the middle of the road.
One of the most common of timing belt problems is not replacing it in time. Your timing belt is going to face the normal wear and tear of any hard worked car component and is going to give way during the passage of time. So it is necessary to get the professionals are expert or mechanic to check out your timing belt problems and replace them whenever necessary. He is going to replace any damaged, cracked or badly worn timing belt.
Crankshaft match marks
Align marks on timing belt pulley and pump body.
Camshaft pulley alignment marks
1. Align marks on camshaft pulleys with alignment marks on seal plate.
2. Install timing belt. NOTE: No looseness should exist on the tension side and at the camshaft pulleys.
3. Loosen tensioner lock bolt.
4. Turn crankshaft 2 revolutions in direction of rotation and check that timing marks are still in alignment.
5. Tighten timing belt tension lock bolt to 27-38 ft lb (32-52 Nm).
6. Apply a force of 22 lbs to timing belt between camshaft sprockets.
7. Belt deflection should measure 0.30-0.33 in (7.5-8.5 mm)
NOTE: Replace tensioner spring if timing belt deflection is excessive.
Timing Belt Installation
1. Install lower timing belt cover.
2. Install upper timing belt cover.
3. Install power steering drive belt and adjust belt tension.
4. Install fan pulley.
5. Install generator drive belt and adjust belt tension.
6. Install A/C drive belt and adjust belt tension.
7. Install splash guard.
8. Install fan and fan shroud.
9. Install 4 fan bolts. Tighten to 24 ft lb (33 Nm).
10. Install fan shroud mounting bolts.
11. Install fresh air duct.
12. Connect hose to resonance chamber.
13. Connect battery negative cable.